Saturday, May 19, 2012

Quilt

I LOVE quilts!  I think they are such an amazing art form.  I have wanted to do one for a long time, but I was afraid of the tediousness of piecing.  Then I found a quilt pictured in a catalog (which was WAY more than I would pay) that I knew was my kind of starter quilt.  It had HUGE squares.  Less sewing!  I carried the picture around with me for months as I collected the fabrics I wanted in my quilt.
When I decided I had enough fabric collected, I called my friend Miss Tena, (the Queen of quilters) and she said "come on over" and we started cutting blocks.  I didn't have enough fabric, so she took me back to her fabric closet and we pulled out a few more!  We have all the squares cut and I have started sewing.  I had to put it on the back burner while I helped with the costuming for Tale of Two Cities, but I hope to pick it up again this week.

The layout!


No comments: